"The worst feature of a new baby is its mother's singing." — Kin Hubbard
Besides writing, I love to read. And there are some amazing bloggers out there. I’m highlighting ten that I love. Check them out, you won’t be disappointed!
1) Rosie Says – I love reading this blog for its bluntness. She doesn’t beat around the bush or sugarcoat anything. She says what’s on her mind about everything from sex to body image, politics to media and more.
2) Shackled and Crowned – I get excited when I’m emailed one of her posts. I know I’m in for a deliciously provocative read. And sometimes, I can feel a pinch of pain – as though she’s looked into my soul and dug up some bitterness from my past. I’m instantly inspired to write poetry when I read her work.
3) In Your Corner – I feel a little less crazy when I read her posts. She offers a lot of great advice for marriage and parenting. And her writing style is light and easy to read. I never feel like I’m reading a how-to article. It’s more like getting great advice from a close friend.
4) Mom Times 4 – I usually get her posts first thing in the morning while I’m enjoying a coffee. I’ve learned to not take a sip while reading her work. I’ve pulled a take-a-sip-read-and-choke because what I’ve read made me laugh. And her little illustrations are awesome.
5) Reluctant Mom – When I first started blogging, it was because I was having some serious baby blues after Jacob was born. I needed a place to permanently store my feelings. I started cruising WordPress for mothers who wrote about tough stuff so I could feel less alone. This blog was one of the very first I followed. I can relate to all her posts and love how honest she is. She’s a great writer, and her work is a pleasure to read.
6) Parenting and Stuff – How can you not be drawn to a woman sharing her struggles with a teen who cuts? In a short time, she’s reached over 1000 followers. I bet with every post written, one more parent feels less alone in similar struggles.
7) Keeping It Real Mom – It never fails, I read one of Anka’s posts and I’m uplifted and lighter. Her posts make me laugh out loud, and smile till it hurts. She’s got a great sense of humor and isn’t afraid to make fun of herself. Her blog reminds me to laugh more and not take my job as Mom so seriously.
8) Chester Maynes – His poetry is enchanting. No matter where I am when I’m reading one of his poems from my phone, I’m transported into his world. I could be standing outside in a snow storm, but the cold has no effect on me if his poem is about the sun.
9) The Boston Mom – After reading her fun posts about activities with her kids, I am filled with all these great intentions for Jacob. I can’t wait till he’s a bit older so I can start taking part in some of the activities this woman comes up with… one of them includes fake snow! Whaaat?! That’s right, there was no snow and her kids were disappointed, so she bought some. That’s the kinda mom I wanna be.
10) Postcards From My Guilt Trip – If you’ve ever had a thought that you vowed to NEVER say out loud because people would think you’re a bad person, this blog will teach you that everyone has those thoughts! It’s just that most people don’t discuss them. Well, this blog does. I LOVE reading her posts. Every single one reminds me that I’m human.
Hope you visit some of these blogs and get inspired, feel less alone, and laugh so hard you pee a little.
Because Happ'y'ness depends on 'Y'ou ! Let's decode the little things that bring happiness amidst this life full of care :)
From the hip on mindfulness, parenting, feminism and homesteading.
. . . is quite friendly, actually!
Advocating for people with Cerebral Palsy and other disabilities
Kindness Images, Videos, True Life Stories, Quotes, Personal Reflections and Meditations.
Life, Laughs, Toddlers and Tea
Read on and I will show you another world within this one....
Observations from the trenches....
One word at a time
or... Tales of a 30 year old Nothing.
Living. Learning. Laughing
thoughts from a bearded lawyer
Mother. Photographer. Taylor Swift enthusiast. "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good." - TSwift
Putting the "blah" in blog!!
living an authentic life
A Blogfull of Tales
Pictures of toes, pictures of feet, making the world a better place, one foot at a time.