"The worst feature of a new baby is its mother's singing." — Kin Hubbard
Jacob will turn two in July. That means the two of us will have spent 730 days and approximately 17, 520 hours together – well minus the hours when we’re sleeping.
In this time I have noticed that, even with our huge age gap, we have A LOT in common…
1) We both like colouring. I’ll pick up a crayon and colour with Jacob any time. I find colouring to be relaxing. I love the smell of Crayola crayons. And I feel so accomplished when I’ve turned the drab black and white drawing into something colourful and fun. Plus, Jacob thinks I’m so awesome at colouring.
2) We both like Thomas & Friends. I have always loved trains. Something about them, even with their loud disruptive whistle, soothes my soul. The hollow sound of the wheels clickety clacking on the tracks in a rhythmic beat makes me feel at ease. You have NO idea how excited I was when Jacob first showed an interest in trains. I knew the moment he said his first “choo choo!” that we’d be best friends for life.
3) We both love to read. Since Jacob was able to hold his own little head up, I sit cross-legged on the floor with him in my lap and read him stories. We both look forward to reading before bed. Right now, The Gruffalo is still our favourite…it’s the first book I ever read him.
4) We both love cuddling. I have always been an affectionate person, so it makes sense that Jacob is too. When he grabs a blanket and pulls at your shirt, he’s up for some cuddle time on the couch. I can only hope it will last as long as possible, because it’s such a special time.
5) We both think farts are the funniest thing on earth. Some people find them rude, crude and disgusting. But Jacob and I will collapse to the floor laughing any time he toots…which is REALLY often.
What do you and your children have in common?
Because Happ'y'ness depends on 'Y'ou ! Let's decode the little things that bring happiness amidst this life full of care :)
From the hip on mindfulness, parenting, feminism and homesteading.
. . . is quite friendly, actually!
Advocating for people with Cerebral Palsy and other disabilities
Kindness Images, Videos, True Life Stories, Quotes, Personal Reflections and Meditations.
Life, Laughs, Toddlers and Tea
Read on and I will show you another world within this one....
Observations from the trenches....
One word at a time
or... Tales of a 30 year old Nothing.
Living. Learning. Laughing
thoughts from a bearded lawyer
Mother. Photographer. Taylor Swift enthusiast. "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good." - TSwift
Putting the "blah" in blog!!
living an authentic life
A Blogfull of Tales
Pictures of toes, pictures of feet, making the world a better place, one foot at a time.