"The worst feature of a new baby is its mother's singing." — Kin Hubbard
“Can I wash the ants?”
“No honey. They’ll drown.”
“But they need a bath, Mamma.”
“Ants don’t have baths.”
“But how they get clean, Mamma?”
“They don’t, I guess. Ants just stay dirty.”
Jacob’s vocabulary is pretty extensive for a two year old. It’s one of the many reasons I’m a proud mommy – and also one of the reasons he exhausts me. I wish I had the time to document all the questions he asks me throughout the day. Some of them really stump me.
Lately I’ve been consumed with our one-month old Joshua. But now that he’s settled in and I’m able to get a routine going, spending more time with Jacob is getting easier. I can really see just how much he’s grown in the short time that Joshua has been home. I can see the little wheels turning in his mind as he becomes more aware of the world around him.
He’s always been a curious toddler, but now that he has the vocabulary to support his curiosity the questions never stop…and some of the are hilarious:
1) “The sky is grey Mamma! A storm is coming?”
2) “Is it Christmas?!!!???!!!” (Said when we had a small blizzard in April)
3) “Is the spider sleeping?”
4) “Is Pepper feeling sad?” (Said when our cat Pepper was stir crazy during winter)
5) “Can I see Joshua’s poo?”
6) “The ants live under the rock?”
7) “Are my feets too big for my boots, Mamma?”
8) “Is the puddle too deep?”
9) “Is the duck flying home?”
10) “Can the plane come down here now, Mamma?”
11) “Where does the bird live?”
12) “Where does the spider live?”
13) “What’s that?”
14) “What’s its name?”
15) “What’s that noise?”
16) “Your hair too long, Mamma. You cut it now?”
17) “You feeling grumpy, Mamma?”
18) “What’s a turtle say?”
19) “Is the zebra a horse?”
20) “Is Jacob just a baby?” (Said on Day #2 of Joshua coming home. And yes, you’ll always be Mamma’s baby)
Ever get stumped by your toddler’s questions? What cute things do they ask you?
Because Happ'y'ness depends on 'Y'ou ! Let's decode the little things that bring happiness amidst this life full of care :)
From the hip on mindfulness, parenting, feminism and homesteading.
Advocating for people with Cerebral Palsy and other disabilities
Kindness Images, Videos, True Life Stories, Quotes, Personal Reflections and Meditations.
Life, Laughs, Toddlers and Tea
Read on and I will show you another world within this one....
Observations from the trenches....
One word at a time
or... Tales of a 30 year old Nothing.
Living. Learning. Laughing
thoughts from a bearded lawyer
Mother. Photographer. Taylor Swift enthusiast. "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good." - TSwift
Putting the "blah" in blog!!
living an authentic life
A Blogfull of Tales
Pictures of toes, pictures of feet, making the world a better place, one foot at a time.
All Things Gluten Free & Allergy Free